LOUD has spent many many hours working with government agencies ensuring we are ready to deliver COVID safe events for the rest of 2020. If you would like some assistance with your planning we can help!
Collectively we have been watching governments around the world reintroducing mass gatherings in stages. We were most excited on Monday when New Zealand gave the green light for large events with separate groups of 100 to go ahead. It means that events for groups of 500 can go ahead if the groups are divided into separate divisions within the same venue. At LOUD, we have updated our policy reflecting the New Zealand guidelines which basically focuses on classifying a “defined space” allowing even temporary walls to separate groups and record keeping measures. NZ have also reduced the physical distancing to one metre enabling improved cost efficiencies.
LOUD will continue to monitor changes however for the meantime below are some of the practices we have included into our COVID 19 Risk Management Plan:
– New and improved induction protocol for all suppliers and staff onsite
– Ensuring all suppliers disinfect vehicles – door handles / /steering wheels / seatbelts
– Ensure all event phones and electronic devices are cleaned with disinfectant alcohol
– Floor markings for queuing
– Disinfecting chairs / stools in each break
– No communal water stations
– No bar service
– Reduction of touch points eg door handles and regular cleaning of each of the surfaces
– Provision of alcohol-based hand sanitiser on each of the conference tables and registration
– No self serve food stations
It still remains frustrating that two people are permitted to sit next to each other on a plane but not a coach. We will continue to lobby the government and continue to move the goalposts as much as we can.